We are pleased to welcome Peta Coudraye (nee Kluzek) as an LWC2018 Ambassador.
Peta’s a World Champion and has been involved in Women’s Surf Boat rowing since the late 90’s and has proudly seen women’s surf boat racing grow into the well represented and elite level that you see today. Transitioning from the lake after winning a gold medal at the Junior World Championships in Oslo, Norway. She was instantly hooked on Surf Boat rowing after cracking waves at Middleton South Australia with the Brighton boaties.
Peta is a Bronze medallion holder and Surf Boat competitor since 1996, still actively competing in Open Women’s Surf Boats and is a member of Grange Surf Club, South Australia.
Peta works for Westpac as the State Marketing Manager SA/NT/TAS, and is a mother of two children, Piper 4 and Gabe 3.
Gold Medal at the Junior World Championships, Oslo Norway, in the women’s pair with Amy Safe (Gillett) 1993 Transitioned to Surf Boats in 1996, joining Brighton Surf Club.
Joined Grange Surf Club in 1998 and won a silver at the South Australian State Championships and Bronze at the Australian Surf Life Saving Championships in the Open Women’s Surf Boat (Kurrawa – Jane & Sarah McFarlane, Naomie Delany and Gilbert Barton)
- 1999 – Gold medal. State (SA) Championships
- 2000 – Competed for Queenscliff Surf Club NSW (branch medals)
- 2003 – Competed for Scarborough SLSC (WA)
- 2006 – Aldinga Surf Club (SA) – Gold Medal SA State Championships
- 2007 – Lorne Surf Life Saving Club
- 2010 – Grange – Gold Medal SA State Championships & Member of the State Team