The Interclub competition will be held at Lifesaving World Championships Adelaide 2018. Clubs from across the globe will contest the competition in both the Open and Youth Categories. We are expecting over 250 clubs to compete in 2018.
BMD Northcliffe SLSC (Queensland, Australia) are the reigning champions in the Interclub competition after they won at the Lifesaving World Championships 2016 in the Netherlands.
We will release more information on the Interclub competition closer to the event.
The Interclub Lifesaving World Championships are open to one Youth team and one Open team per club or lifesaving unit. All team members must be in good standing with a current ILS Full Member.
To be eligible to compete in the Interclub Lifesaving World Championships, competitors shall:
• Be bona fide lifesavers and members in good standing of a current ILS Full Member, and currently qualified for lifesaving duties.
• Have been members of their team’s national lifesaving organisation for at least 90 days prior to the first day of the World Championships – regardless of which competition is scheduled first.
• Be members of one lifesaving club, or lifesaving “unit” of a national lifesaving organisation and not from multiple clubs or units.
• Have equalled or bettered the qualifying time for each event in which they are entered within the period beginning with the first day of the previous Lifesaving World Championships to the entry deadline. • Attain the required age in the year of the Championships:
• Youth – be 15 to 18 years of age
• Open – be a minimum of 16 years of age. Specifically, for 2018 ILS Lifesaving World Championships