Surf Boats are available for club teams to borrow for practice ahead of the Surf Boat Championships 22-24 November. Boats will be available at Glenelg Beach on Wednesday 21 November between 12-3pm.
Please complete the attached survey for Surf Boat preferences HERE.
Scrutineering dates TBC.
Inflatable Rescue Boats
- IRB hull type: Thundercat Gen III spec 1
- IRB motor type: Tohatsu 25HP Outboards
- All motors will be set up with the SLSA-approved surf kits
- Turning lugs will be removed from all motors
- Pull cord extensions will be included on all motors
- Teams may bring their own lifejackets and helmets, but there will also be pooled equipment available for use.
More information also on our FAQ page.
TRAINING: Inflatable Rescue Boat training days will take place on Tuesday 27 November and Wednesday 28 November at Glenelg Beach between 9am-4pm.
Click here to download the information sheet.
LICENCES: International competitors will not need to obtain a local SA boat licence, as long as they train and compete within the designated zone, set by the duty boats (and established by the Organising Committee in agreement with the Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastructure). Anyone without an SA licence operating an IRB externally to this zone will be liable for prosecution or fines.