Visa and Entry Information

All international competitors should ensure they have a valid passport and visa for entry into Australia.

If you are from a country other than Australia or New Zealand, you will need a visa.

For more information, check the Department of Home Affairs website.

The most common visa types are: Visitor Visa, Electronic Travel Authority Visa, eVisitor. Click here for information.


Invitation Letters

Anyone needing a letter of support in order to apply for a visa should contact their National Lifesaving Federation – invitations are issued by the ILS in cooperation with the National Federations.

Alternatively, contact the ILS at for more information.